My Introduction

 September 20, 2020

Subject: Self Introduction


Dear professor Brad,

My name is Sakthi Vel. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic(NYP) with Diploma in Engineering Informatics. Recently I just finished my two years of national service and afterwards enrolled in SIT for Telematics. Telematics was my first choice upon options of courses for the university as I felt it was course related to what I studied in my polytechnic. Telematics is a combination of IT which I have learnt and engineering which is something new to me that I have not done it.

“If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.” Sheryl Sandberg. I have a seat from SIT and wish to do my ultimate best in graduating with honours and the ability to learn new skills and experiences from my friends and professors. I am sure these experiences will help me in my future jobs and lifestyle.

Showing interest to learn new things is one of my strength. I feel it will be interesting and also useful to me. With whatever I have learned, I can to share with my friends or those who need help. I also can work well in small groups and communicate with them well. On the other hand, speaking in front of a large group is my weakness or fear. But I hope to learn from my friends and professors to improve myself to speak better. Also, my writing may not be the best. I want to improve my writing by asking for help from my professors and self-study myself.

Playing sports is my biggest interest. I love to play soccer whenever I have time and swim as well. I am still considering to join futsal in SIT as I do not want to miss a vibrant opportunity which I did in NYP.

I hope this letter provides detailed information about me.

With Regards,
Sakthi

Comments

  1. Dear Sakhti,
    Thank you for this introductory letter and I have learnt a lot about you just by reading this.
    The letter has great content and it fulfils all the requirement. I find the part where you quote off an author to be exceptionally commendable as it shows uniqueness and a bravery part of you as well. Overall, this is a clear and concise letter. I look forward to learning and working with you for the upcoming years!
    Cheers,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dear Shannon,

      Thank your for your comments Shannon. I'm looking forward to working and communicating with you in further projects and assignments.

      Cheers,
      Sakthi

      Delete
  2. Dear Sakhti

    This is a very well written introductory letter. Despite having worked closely with you before this, this introductory letter has allowed me to get to know you deeper. And as I have mentioned to other of my peers, I hope I will be able to get to know you more as time goes.
    I like how concise your letter is. Language used is fluent and content wise, it has covered all key requirements of the assignment. There are two things that I really like about your post:
    1) The usage of quote in your letter.
    2) Writing NYP in full before using it as a short form in other parts of your letter.
    Overall, good job and I look forward to working with you for the rest of our lab sessions. See you soon, and all the best!

    Warmest Regards
    Bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Badrul,

      Thank your comments Badrul. It was goof to hear such comments and would welcome to work together and bond in further projects and school work.

      Cheers,
      Sakthi

      Delete
  3. Dear Sakthi,

    Thank you for this clear concise letter. You address the key requirements of the assignment and add quite a bit of detail for color. I welcome the general fluency of ideas. We'll work on 'polishing' your language use in this module.

    As one example, you've received useful feedback from your peers in this letter. Be sure to acknowledge all your peers' input so as to show that extra atention for social etiquette.

    In terms of language use, this post shows lots of fluency. A couple minor issues are as follows:

    1. misuse of caps

    see https://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/capital.asp

    2. use of the quotation

    I like it, but you not just copy and paste it but include it as a citation:
    Sheryl Sandberg, the ______, stated as follows: “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on.”

    3. verb form
    -- I can to share

    I appreciate the effort.

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear prof Brad,

      Thank you for your comments. I will take note of the changes and will amend them accordingly.

      Cheers,
      Sakthi

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts